Free Boiler Scheme
Under the Governments new Free Boiler Scheme 2017, qualifying home owners and private tenants could have their old in-efficient boilers replaced completely free of charge, or heavily subsidies. If you qualify, we can arrange for a local, approved company to contact you to complete the installation. This service is free to use and we offer a free NO OBLIGATION information and help-link free boiler service to assist you with your claim.
How the Free Boiler Scheme Works
- Simply fill in the form below or click the help link Free Boiler Scheme Contact-us button below.
- You will then receive an email from us confirming that we have received your application
- One of our experienced consultants will contact you within 24 Hours to answer any questions you may have.
There is no obligation at any stage of the process, we simply wish to help you to see if you qualify for Free Boiler Scheme under the UK Governments ECO boiler scheme scheme of 2017.
Residents who are Home owners and private tenants in the UK may qualify for the British Gas free boiler scheme because we are currently part of the EU, and the UK has been set very large targets to reduce the carbon footprint of all homes through the ECO scheme.
This Energy Company Obligation plays a huge part in hitting this target. Built in to everybody’s fuel bills is a small percentage of money which is paid towards ECO, the Green Tax.
This money is controlled by the Big Six energy suppliers and they are now obliged by the UK Government to fund the installation of Free Boiler Scheme and home insulation to low-income households and those who are most vulnerable
What are the REQUIREMENTS TO QUALIFY For a Free Boiler Scheme?
- You must be living in your own home or Privately rented accommodation. (Council tenants do not qualify)
- You should be receiving the correct combination of income-related benefits, including tax credits, income support, ESA or JSA, then you could have your old boiler replaced with under the free boilers for people on benefits scheme a get a brand new A-rated boiler for minimal cost or Free dependent upon your personal circumstances.
- The free boilers for pensioners scheme applicants must be over 60 and receiving pension credits or other benefit related income support.
- Your current gas boiler must be at least 5 to 8 Years old (most homes have boilers older than this). If it is less than 5 years old, the scheme may assume that it is more cost-effective to repair your old boiler, than it is to have it replaced on the scheme.
We can help you determine if you will qualify for the Free Boiler Scheme by asking a few simple questions.
Some of the benefits mean that you will qualify for a Free Boiler Scheme automatically, with no other requirements. With some others you may need to have an extra qualifying component such as being responsible for a child under 16, receipts of pension credits, or caring for someone . You can view the full criteria here.